On 2008/09/06 08:25, Eric Wong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Huh? fdprintf() is not synchronous I/O to sockets; never has been (it
> was formerly myfprintf and used stdio FILE *, but even then it was
> async).  I haven't looked too closely at your changes to client, but it
> definitely does not circumvent buffering in any other version of mpd.
>
> fdprintf calls interfacePrintWithFD; which has always done buffering
> since 2003...

Sorry, I was mistaken here - looking at fdprintf() again, I feel a
strong dislike for this whole function, because it tries to "detect"
stdout and stderr as a special case.  If code wants to interact with
the client according to the MPD protocol spec, it should use
client_xyz(), and if it wants to log something, it should use LOG().