Really,

The information there couldn't be more outdated, wrong, ugly,
protected and horribly done. It's no secret I was against the website
since the change (well, since the wiki) and I'm just as against it
now. The fact is, as far as I can tell, the only reason it still
exists is everyone is too busy (with project X) to kill it and
redirect to the wiki; which is fine. I just want a consensus that it
should be obliterated. We would be (much) better off with a plain
black and white front page with details and links (very minimal), but
obviously a protected front page of the wiki would be best IMHO.

The direction of MPD is larger then volunteer website maintainers are
willing to contribute time to documenting. If we need a better wiki
front page for musicpd.org let me know and I'll try to put something
simple together. Please discuss. And please discuss a step further
then the great 'wikis have no usability' argument as documentation
that is not generated to be extremely user friendly is much better
then false information that can't be updated except for by those who
don't have time or desire. Let's get rid of this thing by November
1st.
--
avuton