Hello,

Along with my mantis cleaning, and mpd wiki improvements, I have
gotten admin to the sf.net/projects/musicpd. Today, I have completely
disabled access to the sf.net forums, I have added the complete
backlog of many of our projects. All known packages of MPD, gmpc,
libmpd, libmpdclient, gmpc-plugins, etc.. have been added. Mostly this
was for historical reasons, but this is part of a larger vision. A
disturbing problem has happened lately, and I know I can't take it all
on myself. The problem is that notable projects pages have been
disappearing with all of their sources and such. I would like to offer
any MPD project a home for mirroring on our project, as we've recently
lost a few good projects and their history. For example, pitchfork is
now gone and while the latest sources are available, the rest may have
been lost. And pitchfork is really just one of many I have noticed
disappearing. May not seem like a big deal, but I guess it all depends
on your priorities.

Our sourceforge.net project was left due to the sorry shape of
sourceforge. sf.net has improved by leaps and bounds since and going
back into it today I checked the logs and it hasn't been touched since
2004. I have removed most people I haven't seen in years from the
project. If you were removed in error please let me know and I'll
restore your access asap.

So, let me get to it. If you have a project you want added to
sf.net/projects/musicpd I think we should have open invitation to it.
Weather or not I hear from people I would like to begin inviting
projects that don't have good external hosting (berlios, etc..) to
mirror their project on sf.net/projects/musicpd & mantis, unless of
course there's objection.

Please discuss!
--
avuton