On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 2:29 AM, Max Kellermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have added the alpha release to SourceForge, but I am unsure whether
> we should use the SourceForge infrastructure.  SourceForge looks very
> confusing to me every time I look at it.  On the summary page I count
> no less than 5 navigation bars, most of them with boring links.

Yeah, I do agree, I always considered it a secondary site, though for
what it has in unneeded complexity it makes up for in rock solidarity.

> As a secondary archive backup, SourceForge is fine, imho.  But
> visitors should somehow be redirected to the MPD wiki when they are
> attempting to find information on SF.  Avuton, ideas?

Yeah, I'll work on this, next opportunity.

> I noticed the "donations" button, and saw the last donation was 3
> years ago.  I have often stated that I don't want any money from users
> for developing MPD, but I'm still curious who is receiving eventual
> donations, and what it is used for.  Possible uses for money: for
> paying the web / git server, sound hardware for developers, ...?  For
> my part, I would prefer not having any donation button at all, because
> bringing money into the equation makes things more complicated.

Donations button gone.

> Warren: please give Avuton or me access to MPD's freshmeat entry.  My
> account name is "mkellermann".
>
> Avuton: since I'm going to do several more (beta) releases of MPD
> soon, a helping hand could be handy.  What we need is a "release
> manager".  I'm asking you because you were very helpful with similar
> issues in the past, although I wouldn't mind an other volunteer for
> that.  Release manager's task is:
>
> - last basic tests on the git HEAD (compiles? works?)
> - submit patch to me which changes version number in configure.ac
> - build source tarball
> - upload tarball to public servers (www.musicpd.org, SF, ...?)
> - announce release on forum, mailing lists, freshmeat, ...?
> - make package maintainers pick up the new release

Working alot of overtime right now, so I would love to but things may
be a bit lagged depending on how much I'm home :). Sunday I should
have a chance to look over this list and try to get ducks in a row as
far as all of it goes.
--
avuton