Hi,

good news: according to ohloh, MPD has surpassed 20% comment ratio
this week (from <15% last year):

 https://www.ohloh.net/p/mpd/analyses/latest

Formal code measures are always to be taken with a grain of salt, but
it is for real here.  In the past months, we have documented a lot of
APIs, and we have tried to add many comments to difficult code.

I have generated MPD's API documentation with doxygen:

 http://www.musicpd.org/doc/api/html/

Some examples of well-documented libraries:

 http://www.musicpd.org/doc/api/html/structarchive__plugin.html
 http://www.musicpd.org/doc/api/html/sticker_8h.html
 http://www.musicpd.org/doc/api/html/icy__metadata_8h.html
 http://www.musicpd.org/doc/api/html/input__stream_8h.html

I'm sure there's a lot of room for further improvement, but I believe
we're on the right track.

Accepting patches for more API documentation.  Let's push the comment
ratio to 30%!

 https://www.ohloh.net/p/libmpdclient/analyses/latest