Hi,

I have been building mpd (both 0.14.2 and 0.15-beta2) on Mac OS X (10.5)
with macports (1.710) and XCode (3.1.2).

It seems mp4/m4a-support depends on faad, so I built faad (v2-2.7) and
put it into /opt/faad.

I tried to configure mpd using:
  $ configure --with-faad=/opt/faad

Unfortunately, this doesnt properly discover and use faad.

As my knowledge about m4 and automake is very limited I here provide
patches for the configure-files. It is beyond my knowledge to understand
how to generate the configure-file, or if my patches to it have negative
side-effects.

$ diff mpd-0.14.2/configure mpd-0.14.2.fix/configure
9995c9995
<     LIBS="$LIBS $fAAD_LIBS $MP4FF_LIBS"
---
 >     LIBS="$LIBS $MP4FF_LIBS"

$ diff mpd-0.15~beta2/configure mpd-0.15~beta2.fix/configure
10938c10938
<   withval=$with_faad;
---
 >   withval=$with_faad; faad_prefix="$withval"
11923c11923
<     LIBS="$LIBS $MP4FF_LIBS"
---
 >     LIBS="$LIBS $FAAD_LIBS $MP4FF_LIBS"

With these patches applied I have built working versions of mpd 0.14.2
and 0.15-beta2.

I hope this information is useful to you developers. I much appreciate
your work on mpd.

  Best wishes
  Gunnar Thorburn