On 2009/07/07 18:07, Jeffrey Middleton <jefr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a version that uses getopt_long but I thought I was told that was a
> bad idea because it comes from GNU getopt.h and we couldn't count on that
> being part of embedded systems?  I can dig and find the email if it's
> relevant.

getopt_long() is a GNU extension, that's right.  getopt() is
standardized in POSIX, and it's available on mingw32, but doesn't
understand long options.

By the way, what's wrong with mpc's current option parser?  Yours is
twice as large, more complex, error handling is missing, inconsistent
code style, modifies argv strings, and all it gives us is short
options.