Lp you. I went to Ropes the other day, and asked him to lend me five
dollars. I meant it for you." "Did he give it to you?" "He wouldn't give
me a cent. He is mean and miserly!" "I don't know. He knows very well
that you are no friend of his, though he doesn't know how much harm you
have done him." "He's rolling in money. However, I've put a spoke in his
wheel, I hope." "How?" "I wrote an anonymous letter to Mr. Sargent
telling him that Ropes was discharged from the store on suspicion of
theft." "You are a precious scamp, Jasper." "What do you mean?" "You are
not content with getting Ropes discharged for something which you
yourself did----" "And you too." "And I too. I accept the amendment. Not
content with that, you try to get him discharged from his present
position

<<inline: kinematic.jpg>>