> Yes it is, I told you to send patches.

I know that. - I try to clarify some details before I would express proposed
changes in the source code language directly.

> That is not an example to improve const-correctness, because this
> function _does_ modify the parameter.

I am not sure if the assignment to the variable "pathname" should be kept.
http://git.musicpd.org/cgit/master/mpd.git/tree/src/archive_api.c#n78

I guess that the need to modify this one would go away if the output (strings)
will be handled as value objects instead of references (plain pointers).

> I told you to explain how your proposed change improves the code.

I try to distinguish between read-only input parameters and mutable output
parameters a bit more strictly. The input can be split into three output
variables. Why is this functionality not enough?

Regards,
Markus