Hi, I am running 0.16~ compiled from the git repo.  This is my config file:

music_directory                 "/media/terabyte/music"
playlist_directory              "/var/lib/mpd/playlists"
db_file                         "/media/terabyte/music/mpd.db"
log_file                                "/var/log/mpd/mpd.log"
user                                    "mpd"
bind_to_address                 "192.168.1.97"
port                                    "6600"
log_level                               "verbose"
default_permissions           "read,add,control,admin"

input {
        plugin "curl"
}

audio_output {
        type                    "httpd"
        name            "My HTTP Stream"
        encoder         "vorbis"                # optional, vorbis or lame
        port                    "8081"
        bitrate         "128"                   # do not define if quality is
defined
        format          "44100:16:2"
#       http_prebuffer_size     "1000"      # commented out because it didnt
fix the problem
}
filesystem_charset              "UTF-8"
id3v1_encoding                  "UTF-8"

----------------End Of File------------------

Anyway, I run mpd on a sheevaplug with 1.2GHz processor and 512mb ram.
 MPD runs correctly, all encoders, decoders, httpd support are enabled
(had to build them all, first).  The problem is when I connect to mpd
from a client such as mpc I get very high (~100%) cpu usage.

These are the steps I follow to recreate the error:

1. start mpd on sheevaplug via ssh.  mpd ~/configs/mpd.conf
2. start ncmpc on sheevaplug via ssh, it play songs. add from browse,
then 'enter' at playlist.  CPU currently ~1-4%
3. start top on sheevaplug via ssh, to watch CPU
4. mpc add 192.168.1.97:8081 on laptop
5. mpc play on laptop
6. watch mpd jump to 100% on top.

Hopefully this is enough info.
I can not run oprofile because it says kernel not supported, or a similar error.
Let me know if you need more info, I can download other apps
(strace??) if needed, and provide any results.

Thanks ahead of time!
-f3ar007