N of Israel, and one whose faith is deep.' 'Good Jabaster, we are all
true sons of Israel. Yet let me have men about me who see no visions in
a mid-day sun. We must beware of dreamers.' 'Dreams are the oracles of
God.' 'When God sends them. Very true, Jabaster. But this Abidan and the
company with whom he consorts are filled with high-flown notions, caught
from old traditions, which, if acted on, would render government
impracticable; in a word, they are dangerous men.' 'The very flower of
Israel! Some one has poisoned your sacred ear against them.' 'No one,
worthy Jabaster. I have no counsellor except yourself. They may be the
flower of Israel, but they are not the fruit. Good warriors, bad
subjects: excellent means, by which we may accomplish greater ends. I'll
have no dreamers in authority. I must have practical men abo

<<inline: filtrating.jpg>>