Thanks for your prompt answer. I am sorry manual editing is not possible, I
really would like to separate the information from the sound file. BTW mpd can
deal with at least one soundfile format (.wav) which does not support tagging.
It should not be too difficult to write a program to merge two database files
one produced by mpd extracting information from the tags and one with
additional information. Will take a look at that.

Best regards,

Antonio

--
 <pal...@inwind.it>