On 2010/06/23 20:18, Jeb Wilkins <j...@jdwilkins.co.uk> wrote:
> ./configure claims to find mp4ff.h and enables mp4 support but whilst the
> tracks are found and play fine, the tags are wrong on them -
>
> 1) the title ends up as the filename
> 2) artist and album end up as unknown
> 3) oddly genre appears to be correct, as does track number
>
> Any clues as to how I go about fixing this?

Configure with "--enable-test", and run the "test/read_tags" program
on the file.  It will dump all tags known to MPD.  From there, you can
step through the program (and the mp4ff decoder plugin) with gdb.

Getting tags right is difficult, because more often than not, there is
no documented standard for tag names.