On Sep 1, 2010, at 11:44 PM, Max Kellermann wrote:

> On 2010/09/02 06:37, Zev Weiss <zevwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I recently found myself wanting clearerror to be available from mpc, so I
>> made the fairly trivial change to implement it (along with the relevant
>> infrastructure in libmpdclient).  If this sounds worthwhile to anyone else,
>> you can pull my changes from:
>>
>> git://github.com/zevweiss/libmpdclient.git
>> git://github.com/zevweiss/mpc.git
>
> Thanks, I've pulled the libmpdclient part.  Please amend the mpc
> patch, add a libmpdclient version check, to allow building mpc with
> older libmpdclient versions (LIBMPDCLIENT_CHECK_VERSION).

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm a little unclear on how that should work in
between releases.  Looking at the current tree it appears we're at 2.4~git, but
LIBMPDCLIENT_CHECK_VERSION(2,4,0) causes my change to be compiled out (I think
due to AC_SUBST(MINOR_VERSION) still being at 3 in configure.ac?).  Should
libmpdlient's MINOR_VERSION be incremented to 4 alongside this change, or is it
handled some other way?  (If I were more of a git expert I guess I could
probably decipher this from the history, but I don't know quite how to do that.)

Thanks,
Zev