06.11.2010 22:53, Max Kellermann пишет:

> There is a problem with the GLib functions: there is no API to set the
> file name charset.  We cannot implement the filesystem_charset
> configuration variable this way.  That is why I havn't switched to
> that.
>
> According to the documentation, GLib uses the proprietary variable
> G_FILENAME_ENCODING to figure out the encoding on Unix.
AFAIK, glib file system encoding routines are unrelated with glib stdio
wrappers.
If you look at http://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/plain/glib/gstdio.c
you will see that there is no file name conversions when we are not
G_OS_WIN32
So using glib's stdio gives us illusion, that everything is utf-8 on win32.

> Second big problem (not related to GLib): as soon as we pass a file
> name to a decoder library, we're left with whatever that library is
> doing internally.

That is the show stopper, probably.

But anyway we can implement more smart file system encoding
autodetection on win32,
that will probably satisfy 90% of the users.