Hello everybody,

since the forum has been closed i hope you can help me here.

Currently I use mpd to control what is played in multiple rooms, by now I
can change between radio streams and normal music out of files.

I have one more point I want to include, the sound that comes into spdif
(from my sat receiver) but it seems like there is no way of using a pass
through or something equal. Maybe you can tell me a better way than this:

(I haven’t tested it yet, but it should work)

One of my audio streams is in asf(wma) format which can’t be played by mpd
directly, so I have a convert cgi which uses vlc to reencode the stream. I
think vlc could even decode the spdif input and deliver it to mpd in a
format which is recognized…

I´l try this later, but I hope there is a better way.

Kind regards

Jörg