Hi people. This is my first post in the list and I have to say, MPD is by
far the fastest music player around. I'm playing with streamings right now
and I'd like to know how to configure MPD to stream in FLAC when playing
FLAC files. I have posted <http://musicpd.org/mantis/view.php?id=3325> a
feature request because I thought it wasn't implemented, but it seems it is.

I tried with this in mpd.conf

# An example of a shout output (for streaming to Icecast):
#
audio_output {
        type            "shout"
        encoding        "flac"                  # optional
        name            "My Shout Stream"
        host            "localhost"
        port            "8000"
        mount           "/mpd.flac"
        password        "hackme"
#       quality         "10.0"
        bitrate         "512"
        format          "44100:16:1"
        protocol        "icecast2"              # optional
}

MPD doesn't report any error. Icecast shows the mountpoint correctly, but
the stream can't be played.
A little help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--