On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Carsten Breuer
<carstenbreuer...@textwork.de> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> I have tried to build 16-5 on Fedora Core 16.
> and end up with the message:
>
> checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... 64
> checking for GLIB... no
> configure: error: GLib 2.12 is required
>
> I think this is a autoconf bug, because
> glib2 is there:
>
> Installierte Pakete
> Name       : glib2
> Architektur : i686
> Version    : 2.30.1
> Ausgabe    : 1.fc16
> Größe : 8.5 M
>
> This error also occurs with the current
> today git version.
>
> Any hints ?

It's got something to do with the newer pkg-config stuff for that
package. I'd say they probably made gthread-3.0 rather than 2.0?

You could start by:

pkg-config --list-all | grep -E 'glib-2.0|gthread-2.0'

Which one doesn't print? Change that in the configure.ac string.
autogen then compile as usual. Please let me know where the problem
lies.
--
avuton