On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 01:21 +0200, Max Kellermann wrote:
> On 2012/04/14 17:05, Jurgen Kramer <gtmkra...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > Attached patch adds support for DSF files to the DSDIFF decoder. It can
> > be used in conjunction with DSD2PCM and DSD-over-USB.
>
> This looks like this supports a different file format and should live
> in another decoder plugin.  Is there an advantage in implementing both
> formats in one plugin?

I do not mind putting DSF file format support in a separate decoder
plugin. Having two separate decoders would probably yield better
readable and therefore better maintainable code.

On the other hand it would mean a bit of duplicated code and effort.
Both file formats contain DSD data and output 'PCM'.
If we keep both formats in the current decoder we probably should rename
it to something like 'dsd_output_plugin'.

Just let me know.

> I get build errors:
>
> src/decoder/dsdiff_decoder_plugin.c: In function 'dsdiff_read_metadata':
> src/decoder/dsdiff_decoder_plugin.c:376:2: error: format '%u' expects
> argument of type 'unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'goffset'
> [-Werror=format]
> src/decoder/dsdiff_decoder_plugin.c:357:11: error: unused variable
> 'samplecnt' [-Werror=unused-variable]
> src/decoder/dsdiff_decoder_plugin.c:330:11: error: unused variable
> 'metadata_offset' [-Werror=unused-variable]
> src/decoder/dsdiff_decoder_plugin.c:327:11: error: unused variable
> 'file_size' [-Werror=unused-variable]

It seems you compiler settings are a bit more stringent. I'll lose the
warning.
samplecnt is indeed not used, I'll remove it.
metadata_offset and file_size are currently not needed (needed for tag
and ff/rewind support which will be added in forthcoming patches). I
will remove these for now as well.

Jurgen