On Sat, 2 Mar 2013 02:10:32 -0500
Sean McNamara <smc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your excellent work on the Despotify plugin for mpd!
'
Thanks!

> I tried compiling mpd from git, linked against despotify from your
> github, and am getting a crash (see below) when playing
> spt://spotify:track:0VOwC7LKb6KffcjTtrOSAH (or *any* spotify track for
> that matter).

Yes, this is issue #1 on the github page for my despotify fork:

  https://github.com/SimonKagstrom/despotify/issues/1

It was most likely (almost certainly) caused by some change by upstream
spotify. That said, it might still be simple to fix, I don't know.

I don't work on despotify right now - I have another project which
interests me more, and I'm also on father's leave, so I'm also short on
spare time for working on stuff. Basically it's only possible when my
daughter is sleeping :-)

I should also say that the whole reason I forked despotify for starters
was that I couldn't get any reponse from the upstream project for my
changes, so I just started my own branch instead. However, since then,
upstream despotify has awaken again, so there might be fixes there
which we should pick over to the fork. From the svn repo,

  http://despotify.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/despotify/

it doesn't look like they've fixed this particular issue though.

// Simon