Hello:

My name is Sam Virgillo and I would like to make some modifications to the
MPD server for custom use and not for a patch.

I am running it as is on a TI eval board AM1808 installed with apt-get.

I am new to Linux development and don't know how to modify and re-compile
the code.

I have downloaded the source files  from the GIT repository.

I am cross compiling on Linux for the AM1808 board which uses a dual core
chip ARM/DSP.

I use the Code Sourcery G++ cross compiler.

Can I import the files into Code Composer Studio?

Can I compile from just a command line using a Makefile?

How do I create the new binary?

I apologize for not knowing how to do this.

Thank you for whatever help you can provide.

Sam