On 2013/10/12 16:38, Oleg Omelyusik <oleg.omelyu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've started implementing YouTube (and maybe some other same services in
> future) support plugin.
> (I saw feature request on MPD's bugtracker which were submitted a year ago
> http://bugs.musicpd.org/view.php?id=3598).
>
> At this moment valid title isn't displayed in the playlist (there is just a
> video url) and a user can't
> choose quality of the video.Work with YouTube implemented in the separate
> library (you can it find
> here: http://github.com/oleg-omelyusik/GSSlib).

Your library fails to build:

 gcc -c -Wall -Wextra -MMD  tools/test.c -o tools/test.o
 tools/test.c:4:17: fatal error: gss.h: No such file or directory

Installation is cumbersome, because the "install" target requires be
to override both LIBDIR and INCLUDEDIR.

The library's API is completely undocumented.

Indentation in your configure.ac changes is wrong.

Your default is enable_gss=auto but that value is nevery handled; it
is considered the same as "no".

Does linking the MPD binary really work with that plugin?  I mean, you
explicitly disabled appending -lgss to $LIBS - but the Makefile never
adds the flag.  I did not test.

You disabled error handling in configure.ac.  What is the point of
calling AC_CHECK_LIB when you ignore the result?

configure.ac should only check for libgss if libcurl was enabled
before.  You should not use "-lcurl" because CURL may require more
flags to find libcurl.so (using curl-config / pkg-config).

+/* necessary because libavutil/common.h uses UINT64_C */
+#define __STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS

Huh, you're not using libavutil!

Your input_gss_read() does not fill the Error.  Maybe because libgss
has no (documented) way to obtain error information?

Why do you say your stream is "seekable" when all you can do is rewind
to offset==0?  And not even that is useful; all you do is close the
inner object and reopen it.  If that was useful, the MPD core could do
it was well with any input plugin.