On 2013/10/20 20:11, Jean-Francois Dockes <j...@dockes.org> wrote:
> The thing that made me believe this is the "recursive" field of the
> "selection" parameter to Visit, and the fact that the existing
> implementation in ProxyDatabasePlugin.cxx was recursive.

Actually, "recursive" does not mean the implementation is technically
required to implement a recursive function; it means the caller wishes
to search in depth, find songs in sub directories and not only the one
directory that was specified.  How the implementation accomplishes
that is another story.

>  > No, you don't even need a recursive tree walk there.  You can still
>  > pass all the criteria to MPD - all but one: the base URI, because the
>  > MPD protocol can't limit a search to a sub directory.
>
> Ok, that's great. So the tree traversal aspect can be completely ignored,
> and everytime "recursive" is set, we are actually always performing a
> search, to be implemented as seen fit ?

Yes.