Following are the two Declarations, on Lebanon and on
Palestine, adopted by the mini-Summit of the OIC which
was held today in Putrajaya (Malaysia).
You may wish to share the same with friends and media.

Sincerely yours
Ambassador Abdul Wahab

PUTRAJAYA DECLARATION ON THE SITUATION IN LEBANON
AT THE SPECIAL MEETING OF THE EXTENDED EXECUTIVE
COMMITTEE OF THE
ORGANISATION OF ISLAMIC CONFERENCE (OIC)

PUTRAJAYA, MALAYSIA

We, the Heads of State and Government of the Republic
of Azerbaijan,
People’s Republic of Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam,
Republic of
Indonesia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Malaysia, Islamic
Republic of Pakistan,
Republic of Turkey, and the Representatives of the
Arab Republic of Egypt,
Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Republic of Lebanon,
State of Palestine,
State of Qatar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Republic of
Senegal, Syrian
Arab Republic, United Arab Emirates, and Republic of
Yemen, met at the
Special Meeting of the Extended Executive Committee of
the Organisation of
Islamic Conference on 3 August 2006 in Putrajaya,
Malaysia to discuss the
situation in Lebanon. The OIC Secretary-General was
also in
attendance.

The Meeting was chaired by the Honourable Dato’ Seri
Abdullah Ahmad
Badawi, Prime Minister of Malaysia as the Chairman of
the 10th Islamic
Summit Conference.

2. At the invitation of the Chair, we came together to
demonstrate our serious concern over the grave crisis
in the Middle
East arising from the continuing Israeli aggression
against Lebanon. We
express our full support for and solidarity with the
Government and people of
Lebanon in their legitimate and heroic resistance
against the Israeli
aggression.

3. We strongly condemn the relentless Israeli
aggression
against Lebanon and the serious violations of the
latter’s territorial
integrity and sovereignty and in this regard charge
Israel with full
responsibility for the consequences of its aggression.

4. We express our concern at the inability of the
United Nations
Security Council to take the necessary actions for a
ceasefire and demand that
the Council fulfill its responsibility for the
maintenance of
international peace and security without any further
delay by deciding on and
enforcing an immediate and unconditional comprehensive
ceasefire. In the event
of failure by the United Nations Security Council to
act immediately, we
call upon all OIC Member States to be united in
support of the convening of
a meeting of the General Assembly under Uniting for
Peace, in
cooperation with other Member States of the United
Nations.

5. We also strongly condemn the indiscriminate and
massive Israeli air
strikes, in particular on the village of Qana on 30
July 2006, killing
more than 60 civilians, mostly children, and the
targeting of United
Nations peacekeepers at the United Nations Observer
post at Khiam in
Southern Lebanon on 25 July 2006. In this regard, we
strongly urge
that a full investigation into these criminal acts
perpetrated by Israel be
conducted by the United Nations. The attacks and
killing of innocent
civilians and the destruction of houses, properties
and infrastructure
are a breach of the principles of the Charter of the
United Nations,
international law and international humanitarian law
and blatant and
flagrant violations of human rights.

6. We call for the immediate and unconditional release
of all Lebanese
detainees held by Israel.

7. We are strongly convinced that there should be no
impunity for
violations by Israel of international humanitarian law
and
international human rights law. Israel must be held
accountable for all its actions.
We call for the immediate convening of a special
session of the United
Nations Human Rights Council as well as a meeting of
the High
Contracting Parties to the 4th Geneva Convention to
address these violations.

8. We welcome all efforts towards immediate and
unconditional ending
of Israeli aggression and fully support the Lebanese
Government 7-Point
Plan* and stress the important role of the United
Nations in this regard,
underlining also the importance of the consent of all
concerned
parties in Lebanon on any future settlement, and all
other efforts towards ending
the violence and to bring about lasting peace in
Lebanon.

9. We recognize the dire humanitarian situation in
Lebanon and the
urgent need to expedite the delivery of relief
assistance to the Lebanese
people, including through the immediate allowing of
safe passages inside
Lebanon. We demand that Israel provide unimpeded
access for the delivery of
such assistance. We urge the international community,
especially the Member
Countries of the OIC to generously contribute to
current humanitarian
relief efforts. In this regard, we express our deep
appreciation to
the countries that have contributed generously to
alleviate the suffering
of the people in Lebanon.  We welcome the role of the
UN in the delivery
of humanitarian assistance and relief.

10.  We note with satisfaction the efforts of OIC
Member Countries,
the General Secretariat and OIC Organs to provide
humanitarian assistance
to Lebanon and requests the OIC Secretary-General to
continue to work
closely with OIC Member Countries, regional and
international organizations
and NGOs in bringing humanitarian relief and
assistance to the people
affectedby the conflict and facilitate the early
return of displaced persons.

11.  We urge the international community to support
Lebanon on all
levels, including through organizing a donor’s
conference to assist the
country in facing the tremendous burden resulting from
the human, social and
economic tragedy which has afflicted the country in
the areas of relief,
reconstruction and rebuilding of the national economy.

12.  We condemn the destruction of religious and
historical sites in
Lebanon by Israel and demand that Israel immediately
stop further
destruction of these sites.

13.  We hold Israel responsible for the loss of lives
and suffering
as well as the destruction of properties and
infrastructure and demand Israel
to compensate the Republic of Lebanon and its people
for the losses
sustained resulting from Israeli aggression.

14. We agree to establish a Contact Group on the
current situation
in Lebanon. The Contact Group will be coordinated by
Malaysia and
comprise members of the OIC Troika and other
interested members.

15.  We urge all OIC Member States to be united in
facing the
current crisis in the Middle East. Towards this end,
we reaffirm our
commitment to Islamic solidarity among OIC Member
States, including solidarity and
support to Member States who are facing threats, as
mandated in the
"Ten-Year Programme of Action to Meet the Challenges
Facing the Muslim
Ummah in the 21st Century” adopted in Makkah in
December 2005.

Putrajaya, Malaysia

 * See Annex

        ANNEX
7- POINT PLAN BY LEBANON
An immediate and comprehensive cease-fire and a
declaration of
agreement on the following issues:

1. An undertaking to release the Lebanese and Israeli
prisoners and
detainees through the ICRC.

2. The withdrawal of the Israeli army behind the Blue
Line, and the
return of the displaced to their villages.

3. A commitment from the Security Council to place the
Shebaa Farms
area and the Kfarshouba Hills under UN jurisdiction
until border
delineation and Lebanese sovereignty over them are
fully settled. While in UN
custody, the area will be accessible to Lebanese
property owners there.
Further, Israel surrenders all remaining landmine maps
in South Lebanon to the
UN.

4. The Lebanese government extends its authority over
its territory
through its own legitimate armed forces, such that
there will be no
weapons or authority other than that of the Lebanese
state as
stipulated in the Taef national reconciliation
document.

5. The UN international force, operating in South
Lebanon, is
supplemented and enhanced in numbers, equipment,
mandate and scope of operation, as
needed, in order to undertake urgent humanitarian and
relief work and
guarantee stability and security in the south so that
those who fled
their homes can return.

6. The UN, in cooperation with the relevant parties,
undertakes the
necessary measures to once again put into effect the
Armistice
Agreement signed by Lebanon and Israel in 1949, and to
insure adherence to the
provisions of that agreement, as well as to explore
possible amendments to
or development of said provisions, as necessary.

7. The international community commits to support
Lebanon on all
levels, and to assist it in facing the tremendous
burden resulting from the
human, social and economic tragedy which has afflicted
the country,
especially in the areas of relief, reconstruction and
rebuilding of the national
economy.

PUTRAJAYA DECLARATION
ON THE SITUATION IN THE OCCUPIED PALESTINIAN
TERRITORIES
AT THE SPECIAL MEETING OF THE EXTENDED EXECUTIVE
COMMITTEE OF THE
ORGANISATION OF ISLAMIC CONFERENCE (OIC)

PUTRAJAYA, MALAYSIA

We, the Heads of State or Government of the Republic
of Azerbaijan,
People’s Republic of Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam,
Republic of
Indonesia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Malaysia, Islamic
Republic of Pakistan,
Republic of Turkey, and the Representatives of the
Arab Republic of Egypt,
Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Republic of Lebanon,
State of Palestine,
State of Qatar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Republic of
Senegal, Syrian
Arab Republic, United Arab Emirates, and Republic of
Yemen, met at the
Special Meeting of the Extended Executive Committee of
the Organisation of
Islamic Conference on 3 August 2006 in Putrajaya,
Malaysia to discuss the
situation in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. The
OIC
Secretary-General was also in attendance. The Meeting
was chaired by
the Honourable Dato’ Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi,
Prime Minister of
Malaysia as the Chairman of the 10th Islamic Summit
Conference.

2.  At the invitation of the Chair, we came together
out of our serious concern over the continuing Israeli
occupation of
Palestine and aggression in the occupied territories.

3. We strongly condemn the Israeli occupation of
Palestinian lands and for its unrelenting aggression
against the
Palestinian people, which have caused the loss of
lives and
destruction of properties and demand the total,
complete and unconditional withdrawal
of Israel from the Occupied Palestinian Territories,
since 1967,
including East Jerusalem.

4. We further condemn Israel for the abduction and
detention of Palestinian Cabinet Ministers, government
officials, and other individuals and call for the
immediate and unconditional release of all Palestinian
detainees held by Israel.

5. We call on the United Nations Security Council to
assume its responsibilities to compel Israel to
respect international lawand put an end to Israel’s
occupation and illegitimate practices in theOccupied
Palestinian Territories, including placing collective
punishment and unilateral sanctions over the
Palestinian people and economy, and
the illegal construction of settlements and the
separation wall which is aimed
at confiscating and annexing Palestinian land and
property and altering the demographic and geographic
character of the Palestinian territories, including
Al-Quds Al-Sharif.

6. We commended the free and democratic Palestinian
Legislative Council election, which have demonstrated
the free will of
the Palestinian people. In this regard, we call upon
the international
community to respect the outcome of the elections and
to be supportive
of Palestinians in exercising their rights.

7.  We recognize the dire humanitarian situation in
the
Occupied Palestinian Territories and the urgent need
for relief,
reconstruction and rehabilitation assistance. In this
regard, we
express our deep appreciation to the countries that
have contributed
generously to alleviate the suffering of the
Palestinian people and urge the
international community to continue contributing to
Palestine’s
rehabilitation efforts.

8.  We reaffirm our commitment and support for all
initiatives leading to a peacefully negotiated
settlement to the
Israeli-Palestinian conflict, including the Quartet
Performance-Based
Roadmap leading to a permanent Two-State solution to
the
israeli-Palestinian conflict as outlined in UNSC
Resolution 1515 and
the Arab Peace Initiative. The solution to the
Israeli-Palestinian
conflictwould constitute the only guarantee for
durable peace in this region.

9. We strongly urge the United Nations to convene an
international conference on the Middle East to
deliberate on a
comprehensive, just and durable plan for the region
based on the
relevant United Nations resolutions, with the
involvement of the Permanent
Members of the Security Council and other interested
parties, including OIC
Member States.

10.  We reiterate our commitment and support towards
Palestine
in achieving self-determination and establishment of a
sovereign and
independent Palestinian state with Al-Quds Al-Sharif
as its capital
and the return of Palestinian refugees, in accordance
with General
Assembly resolution 194.

11. We urge all OIC Member States to be united in
facing the
current crisis in the Middle East. Towards this end,
we reaffirm our
commitment to Islamic solidarity among OIC Member
States, including
solidarity and support to Member States who are facing
threats, as
mandated in the “Ten-Year Programme of Action to
Meet the Challenges
Facing the Muslim Ummah in the 21st Century” adopted
in Makkah in
December 2005.

Putrajaya, Malaysia

===
Ingin belajar Islam sesuai Al Qur'an dan Hadits?
Kirim email ke: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.media-islam.or.id

world

To subscribe this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yahoo! Groups Links