Annual pilgrimage Hajj in Makkah, Muslims remember and commemorate the trials
and triumphs of the Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him).  The Qur'an describes
Abraham as follows:

"Surely Abraham was an example, obedient to Allah, by nature upright, and he
was not of the polytheists.  He was grateful for Our bounties.  We chose him
and guided him unto a right path.  We gave him good in this world, and in the
next he will most surely be among the righteous." (Qur'an 16:120-121)

At the end of the pilgrimage, Muslims throughout the world celebrate the
Festival of Sacrifice (Eid al-Adha).  During this celebration, Muslims
commemorate and remember this incident, by themselves slaughtering an animal
such as a sheep, camel, or goat.   This action is very often misunderstood by
those outside the faith.

It is very important to understand that the sacrifice itself, as practiced by
Muslims, has nothing to do with atoning for our sins or using the blood to wash
us from sin.  This is a misunderstanding by those of previous generations:

"It is not their meat nor their blood that reaches Allah; it is your piety that
reaches Him." (Surah Al-Hajj 22:37)

The symbolism is in the attitude - a willingness to make sacrifices in our
lives in order to stay on the Straight Path.  Each of us makes small
sacrifices, giving up things that are fun or important to us.  A true Muslim,
one who submits his or herself completely to the Lord, is willing to follow
Allah's commands completely and obediently.  It is this strength of heart,
purity in faith, and willing obedience that our Lord desires from us.

SACRIFICE–The Making of a Muslim
Among many known books of Khurram Murad, this is a short yet thought provoking
exposition. It covers the following areas: Introduction of Sacrifice, Why
Sacrifice? (Islam: A Path of Struggle, Struggle: The Indispensable Key, Islam
and Sacrifice) What is Sacrifice? (Tangible & Intangible) How to Sacrifice?
(Love for Allah, Two Great Models of Sacrifice) And Conclusion.

A very useful and valuable reference for Muslims, and for Non-Muslims wishing
to gain a deeper understanding of Sacrifice in Islam.

TIME to know the Great Sprit of SACRIFICE – TIME to follow & Implement.

Please read
In PDF Format SACRIFICE – The Making of a Muslim
Khurram Murad

EID-UL-ADHA or Eid of Sacrifice
QURBANI (in URDU)
FREE Available on
al-islamforall.org
(A unique & comprehensive FREE e-Library in Multiple Languages)
And many more books for the complete family in Multiple Languages
The purpose of the web site is to provide wide range, authentic & comprehensive
information about all the teachings of Islam at one place with unique FREE
download facilities.
We will highly appreciate if you introduce among your friends in the best
possible manners.
Jazakumullah Khair

      Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger at
http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/?wm=n/