Surah  Al-Ahqaf
Ayah 21-28

 Introduction to surah

http://www.englishtafsir.com/Quran/46/index.html

Please check
out the URL below to read Arabic text

http://al-islamforall.org/quran/Imgarabic/p26/a04.GIF

Arabic Text

Please check out the URL below to read Urdu translation

http://al-islamforall.org/quran/Imgurdu/p26/a04.gif

Urdu Translation

English Translation by
Abdullah Yusuf Ali

 21. Mention (Hud) one
of 'Ad's (own) brethren: Behold, he warned his people about the winding
Sand-tracts: but there have been warners before him and after him:
"Worship ye none other than Allah. Truly I fear for you the Penalty of
a Mighty Day."

22. They said: "Hast thou come in order to turn us aside from
our gods? Then bring upon us the (calamity) with which thou dost
threaten us, if thou art telling the truth?"

23. He said: "The Knowledge (of when it will come) is only
with Allah. I proclaim to you the mission on which I have been sent:
But I see that ye are a people in ignorance!"..

24. Then, when they saw the (Penalty in the shape of) a cloud
traversing the sky, coming to meet their valleys, they said, "This
cloud will give us rain!" "Nay, it is the (Calamity) ye were asking to
be hastened!- A wind wherein is a Grievous Penalty!

25. "Everything will it destroy by the command of its Lord!"
Then by the morning they - nothing was to be seen but (the ruins of)
their houses! thus do We recompense those given to sin!

26. And We had firmly established them in a (prosperity and)
power which We have not given to you (ye Quraish!) and We had endowed
them with (faculties of) hearing, seeing, heart and intellect: but of
no profit to them were their (faculties of) hearing, sight, and heart
and intellect, when they went on rejecting the Signs of Allah. and they
were (completely) encircled by that which they used to mock at!

27. We destroyed aforetime populations round about you; and We have shown the
Signs in various ways, that they may turn (to Us).

28. Why then was no help forthcoming to them from those whom
they worshipped as gods, besides Allah, as a means of access (to
Allah.? Nay, they left them in the lurch: but that was their falsehood
and their invention.

***

For previous pages of Holy Qur'an,
You are requested to join the groups mentioned
below;

~_The_Holy_Quraan_~

~_Precious_Teachings_Of_Islam_~

~_Divine_Light_Of_Allah_~

~_ALLAH_KA_NOOR_~

 (Surah
 An-Naml, Chapter 27, Verse 19)

 "O my Lord!
so
 order me that I may be grateful for Thy favours,
which thou hast bestowed on me and on my
parents,
and that I may work the righteousness
that will please Thee:
And admit me, by Thy Grace,
to the ranks of Thy righteous Servants."

 Aameen, Ya Rabb-ul-Aalameen!