In the name of Allah, the Most-Merciful, the All-Compassionate

"May the Peace and
Blessings of Allah be Upon You"

Praise be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We
seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad
deeds. Whomsoever Allaah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah
leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no god but
Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and
Messenger.

Bismillah
Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah
As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

Cyclone: A Sign of
the Power of  Allaah
By Asma bint  Shameem

We all heard about Cyclone approaching the GulfCoast. Then we all watched in
horror as it  made landfall and hit Land….HARD.

No one expected the kind  of destruction it brought in….no one was prepared for
its wrath, its
fury….its  devastation.

As the winds came crashing down….
As the buildings were
lifted and tossed like straw in the wind…
Then
hurled on to  the ground…..
I thought about the people of LUT alayhes  Salaam

Then as the
skies poured  forth their waters…….
As the clouds let loose their rains….
As
the  rivers swelled and overflowed….
And as the levees broke….
thought  about the people of NUH alayhes Salaam

And as the people were trying to save  themselves by trying to scramble onto
roof tops and high buildings….
I thought about the conversation between Nuh alayhes Salaam and his  son…

“The son replied: I will betake  myself to some mountain: it will save me from
the water.

Nuh said:
"This day  nothing can save any, from the command of Allah, but those on whom
He
hath  mercy! "
And the waves came between them, and the son was among those  overwhelmed in
the Flood.”

(Surah Hud: 43)

Subhaan Allaah!

Within a matter of  hours almost an entire city was submerged under water…

Within a
matter of  hours a hustling, bustling city was reduced to rubble and debris

Buildings were shattered….Bridges were utterly destroyed

The very semblance
of a normal life….annihilated
And all it took was one hurricane….
named Cyclone
SUCH IS THE POWER OF ALLAH.

“To Allah belongs the
Kingdom of the  heavens and the earth. Allah has Power over all things.”

(Surah
Aal-Imraan:  189)

Shivers of fear ran down my spine  when I thought of the similarities in some
of our Prophets stories
and modern  day destruction of whole towns and cities in the name of  natural
disasters.

However, these natural disasters, the hurricanes, the winds,  the floods, the
rains…
These are only some of the soldiers of
Allaah

Subhaanahu wa Taala and He deploys these soldiers of
His,…however….whenever  He deems fit.

He, Subhaanahu wa Taala, causes fear in the hearts of
those  whom He wills, teaches lessons to whom He wills and punishes whom He
wills.

"And none can know the
Forces of your  Lord, except He." (Surah al-Mudaththir:31)
"For, to Allah belong
the Forces  of the heavens and the earth." (Surah al-Fath:7)

SUCH IS THE POWER OF  ALLAH.
“Surely, in
that there are signs for those who contemplate.” (Surah  al-Hijr: 75)

With events such as these, Allah,  Subhanahu wa Taala, makes clear to His
servants a plain reality….
The reality that the kingdom of the heavens and the earth is in His Hands, and
that He is the Irresistible, the All-Powerful and Dominant over His  servants.
The reality that we are nothing ….absolutely NOTHING

Just insignificant, little beings…..absolutely helpless, absolutely weak
and  vulnerable, Unaided….dependant on our Lord, the Mighty…the  Majestic.

And yet…. yet….we DARE to disobey  Allaah, the Almighty.
We DARE to defy Him. We continue to break the rules….we refuse to comply.

“Yet every time a sign
comes to them  from the signs of their Lord, they turn away from it.”

(Surah
al-Anaam:  4)

When WILL we learn lessons from the  signs of our Lord?
When WILL our heedlessness end?

Brothers and Sisters…We need to turn  back to Allaah and make sincere Taubah
We need to mend our ways
and   reflect on our transgressions
We need to rectify ourselves before
it is  too late.
Because today it is New Orland or Oman….
Who knows….tomorrow could be Houstonor your neighborhood …..

Have fear and
consciousness of  Allah and ponder over the events that happen around you.
Learn lessons from  them and remember….for the intelligent one is HE who
remembers and
takes  admonition.

“This is but one of the
mighty  (portents); A Warning to mankind. To any one of you that chooses to
press  forward or to follow behind;

(Surah al-Mudaththir: 35-37)

“And all of you beg Allaah to forgive  you, O believers, that you may be
successful.”
(An-Noor
24:31)

“Do you  not know that to Allah belongs the Kingdom of the heavens and the
earth? He  punishes whom He will and forgives whom He will. Allah has power
over
all  things.” (Surah al-Ma‘idah: 40)

“He shows you His signs.
Now which of  the signs of Allah do you disbelieve?” (Surah Ghaafir:  81)

What we need to do:

So stand up  for the Sake of Allaah and help out your neighbor…..
be it Muslim
or  Non-Muslim
FOR, NOW IS THE TIME FOR REAL DAWAH

Go out there and GET INVOLVED
Show  them what TRUE ISLAM STANDS FOR
Show them that Muslims care…..that we are  part of the Community
Show them that WE ARE NOT  TERRORISTS

All the average American knows about  Islaam is the distorted, ugly lies that
is portrayed in the media.
PROVE THE MEDIA WRONG…
That
we are  not all sleepers….

Rather, we are honest, sincere, caring,
responsible  individuals who contribute to the community,
and that this caring IS  PART OF OUR PERFECT RELIGION

A Religion that teaches love and
understanding  and tolerance and peace.

Donate your money, your time, your  effort, your skills….

THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO STAND UP FOR ISLAAM
YOUR ACTIONS WILL SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

 Permission is granted to circulate among private individuals and groups, to
post
on Internet sites and to publish in full text and subject title in
not-for-profit publications.