On Wed, Oct 05, 2016 at 10:49:29AM -0700, Will Yardley wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 04, 2016 at 12:16:40PM -0700, Brendan Cully wrote:
> >
> > Preserve forwarded attachment names in d_filename.
> >
> > When forwarding an attachment with an non-ascii name, mutt_copy_body()
> > mangles the filename when calling mutt_adv_mktemp.  Preserve
> > the original attachment filename in d_filename.
>
> Are there any security implications to this? Are there any characters
> that should absolutely be sanitized in the filename?

I can't see any for the d_filename.  This is only used in the
content-disposition header, and is basename and rfc2231 encoded there.
Otherwise, mutt isn't using it for anything.

Also, the resume and resend code is already doing something similar in
mutt_prepare_template().

Of course, if I'm wrong please don't hesitate to speak up, but I don't
see a security issue here.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy