On #mutt, andrey_utkin_ reported getting a bounce trying to reply to a
linux-kernel mailing list email.  When he replied, vger.kernel.org
bounced it because of raw utf-8 in a header.

He posted a gist at
<https://gist.github.com/andrey-utkin/b204666c34613858a34844283571ce17>

I don't know how long those hang around, but the problem is in the
References header: <201611170549.Q3WTfoMBþngguang...@intel.com>
contains the utf-8 character "þ".

Are any of you familiar with the rules for Mesage-ID and References
headers?  Should mutt be rfc-2047 encoding/decoding the references
header?  What about the domain part - should we be idn encoding that
part if $idn_encode is set?

--
Kevin J. McCarthy