On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 10:04:51PM +0000, isdtor wrote:
> One thing I'd like to see fixed in a release, or at least explained, is
> expired certificates handling.
>
> set certificate_file="~/.mutt/certificates"
>
> Since I started using the current config, the file has grown to 81
> entries, most of them from Google as they roll over their gmail certs
> frequently. As it turns out, more than 60 of them are
> expired. Recently, after upgrading from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2 (and tested
> tip, too), I got this when logging into gmail:

1.7.2 changed very little with respect to OpenSSL and certificate
handling: there were just a few fixes to make it compile with OpenSSL
1.1.

However, default branch tip does have a change to the certificate
verification behavior: https://dev.mutt.org/hg/mutt/rev/b985c324932b
This switches to using OpenSSL's built-in verification routines using
SSL_set_verify().

When you upgraded to 1.7.2, was this a vanilla mutt version?

--
Kevin J. McCarthy