On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 10:55:23AM -0600, miny...@acm.org wrote:
Some (maybe most) IMAP mail systems allow folders to be nested inside folders, so you can have, say, an Inbox with more folders inside it. However, in the file browser, mutt will only open a maildir/mh directory as a mailbox, there is no way to get to the child mailboxes.

This change adds a function <descend-directory> that forces mutt to descend into the directory, and it binds it to ">" by default in the file browser.

Thanks for the patch. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but will try to do so later today.

I do have two quick comments though. First '>' is already bound to <next-line>. I think <descend-mailbox> would be an uncommon function, so it would be better to leave it unbound by default.

Second, once you trigger force_descend_dir it looks like it stays on, modifying subsequent behavior of <select-entry>.

Other than that (and subject to testing), it looks fine with me.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy