On 22Jun2019 20:29, Kevin J. McCarthy <ke...@8t8.us> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 08:55:38AM +1000, Cameron Simpson wrote:
I'm happy to try to make some time to understand the mutt code and suggest a patch if there's agreement about this.

By the way, please don't mistake our initial pushback against your ideas today for pushback against *you* working towards contributing. I would be delighted if you want to poke around the code and suggest some patches. Feel free, even, to prove me wrong about the quoting idea; perhaps there is something inbetween worth considering.

Your point about $tmpdir being an arbitrary path which needs to work is telling, and I hadn't realised its implications. Needs thought.

Were it a simple filename it would all be easy. Maybe a chdir(tmpdir) before running the shell command with a simple filename?

Anyway, I'll think about ways to make this kind of thing robust.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>