On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 08:27:55PM +0300, Consus wrote:
> > > Nope, hostname it is, even if you're using built-in smtp.
> >
> > False.  Try it.
>
> Check my headers :)
>
> > Tell mutt your hostname is your domain name.  This is a common
> > configuration, so that mutt auto-generates your e-mail address as
> > myn...@mydomain.org instead of myn...@myhost.myname.org.  If you do
> > that it will generate a message ID that is your domain, not your
> > hostname.  I actually tested this myself rather than blindly asserting
> > it.
>
> That requires _explicit_ configuration. So it's not that usual, not many
> people configure 'hostname', most of the time people just set 'from'.

I'm not sure what gives you that idea.  It used to be something that
we gave as general advice for configuring mutt, and I personally
fixed a bug in Mutt that could result in the hostname being set to an
invalid value if it was not explicitly set, suggesting that rather a
lot of people were setting it.

-=-=-=-=-