On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 06:51:44PM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2021-02-20 12:48:33 +0100, Rene Kita wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 11:28:02PM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > > The messages in the help are no longer translated, e.g. previously:
> > >
> > > [...]
> > > ^N          next-thread            aller à la discussion suivante
> > > ^P          previous-thread        aller à la discussion précédente
> > > [...]
> > I cannot reproduce this. Using 'LANG=fr_FR.utf8 ./mutt -R' I get the
> > translated result.
>
> If you want to test translations, you need to run "make install"
> instead of running mutt from the build directory. Otherwise you
> are testing a wrong translation file.
In fact what I did was wrong and I tested the wrong translation file.

In my case using 'make install' did not really help as I configure with
'--prefix' and this path is not tried by mutt. Also I had a stray
translation file in the right place, which was then used by mutt. So
basically I always saw the same translation.

After removing all translation files and copying the created file to the
right place I could reproduce the problem. Thanks for pointing me in the
right direction.

> > In addition I build current master (ccc18061) and master~1 (9635fad4)
> > and diff'd the help text for de_DE, they are equal.

> I don't understand how you can get the same gmo file since in
> ccc18061, the dependency on the OPS* file is gone.
Because I diffed the _output_ of the help text you get after pressing
'?' in the index.