* Aaron Poffenberger <a...@hypernote.com> [11-22-21 14:30]:
> On 2021-11-22 10:38 -0800, Kevin J. McCarthy <ke...@8t8.us> wrote:

> > > I use msmtp:
> > >
> > > set sendmail=/usr/local/bin/msmtp
> > >
> > > In my case just setting hostname was enough to fix it.
> > >
> > > Setting message_id_format would probably work as well, but it would
> > > also mean all emails sent through other email domains would have
> > > Message-IDs from a different domain. In my case I send from 5
> > > different email domains.
> >
> > I understand, but I wasn't asking you to make a permanent change to your
> > configuration; just to try setting the $message_id_format directly as I
> > instructed without touching hostname (or anything else).
> >
> > As I and others in the thread have said, what you are describing makes no
> > sense, so we'd like more cooperation verifying and helping to debug the
> > behavior.

> > > Mail.app uses <GUID>@<from fqdn>. The Google web interface uses
> > > <hash>@mail.gmail.com. Notifications come from
> > > <hash>@notifications.gmail.com.
> >
> > Sorry, I misspoke.  I meant simply there is no *need* to use the from domain
> > in the RHS.  I don't believe Mutt's randomness for the LHS is sufficient to
> > encompass a large domain by default, so would still be opposed to this.
> >
> > --
> > Kevin J. McCarthy
> > GPG Fingerprint: 8975 A9B3 3AA3 7910 385C  5308 ADEF 7684 8031 6BDA
>
> I'm happy to try changing configuration using an unpatched version,
> but I have to be careful sending too many test messages to
> ATT/sbcglobal.net. They have an itchy RBL trigger.

you do realize that att utilized yahoo mail, not an att system?

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode
What sort of day was it? A day like all days, filled with those events that
alter and illuminate our times... all things are as they were then, but
were you there?