On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 09:47:57AM -0800, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
> I'd also like to announce that 2.2.x is the last series I plan on
> supporting.  That is, I will maintain 2.2.x with bug fixes and security
> updates, but don't plan on committing to master towards a 2.3.0 release.
>
> It's been a pleasure working on Mutt the past 8 or so years, and trying
> my best to fix and improve things.  This isn't a goodbye, but I do
> intend to back off the maintainership role after this release.

I've only used Mutt for approximately 6 months, so I'm quite the fish
compared to some of you. I needed to send a patch to the LKML and saw
that there were instructions in the kernel docs for using Mutt. I
recognized the name from when someone was showing off their CLI workflow
several years back, so I decided to give it a shot.

Bonus points to the kernel team for including a template config for
using Mutt with GMail. Made getting started with mailing list-based
development just a bit smoother :)

Needless to say, it's been pretty cozy, and I've enjoyed using it so
far. Thanks for your work.

- Oskari