Hi everyone,

currently mutt always prepends `$indent_string` verbatim to each line when
quoting messages.
When quoting parts of messages that themselves already were quoted this leads
to additional space characters in addition to the quote characters.

(Note: this is only about format=fixed)

Example:

```
# Original text
bar
> foo

# Quoted once
baz
> bar
> > foo

# Quoted twice
quux
> baz
> > bar
> > > foo
```

I would like to modify the quoting algorithm to remove those additional spaces.

```
# Quoted twice (new)
quux
> baz
>> bar
>>> foo
```

Even if such a patch is not acceptable to the main mutt project because it is
in maintenance mode, I would like to gather feedback from the list about
potential issues with interoperability and standards-conformance.

Thanks,
Thomas

PS: This is a repost of https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/-/issues/423 as
requested by Kevin.