On Sat, Nov 26, 2022 at 11:38:24AM -0800, Matthew Sotoudeh via Mutt-dev wrote:
On an unreliable connection (e.g., laptop put to sleep and changing wifi
networks) I've had mutt fairly regularly become stuck in SSL_read and
have to be killed.

Per some of the comments on
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46517875/ssl-read-blocks-indefinitely
adding a timeout to the socket should carry over to the SSL_read call.

Using this receive_timeout option appears to resolve the issue for me,
thought others may find it useful.

Thanks for sending the patch.

As long as it remains disabled by default, I don't have a problem adding this option - especially if it did solve your problem. Does anyone else have an opinion?

There are actually two calls to socket_connect() in raw_socket_open(). What if we moved the change inside of socket_connect() instead?

--
Kevin J. McCarthy