On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Christian R Molls wrote:

> Are there plans to incorporate the
>
> - compressed folders patch
> - lbdb
>
> into mutt? I guess quite a number of people will miss those two
> enhancements, and that is, at least IMO, a shame.

lbdb will never be incorporated into Mutt, because it is a separate
package which can be used by Mutt using a clear interface. So it
shouldn't be a problem to combine Mutt and lbdb. For new versions of
lbdb see http://www.spinnaker.de/debian/#lbdb (you'll also find system
independent sources there).

The compressed folders patch is a bigger problem. The patch works but
it isn't checked against all possible problems. Additionally it is not
programmed very clean. So Thomas seems to be waiting for someone
cleaning up the sources before incorporating into the mainstream
sources. I didn't hear that someone except me is using this patch, so
I fear that nobody needs it and wants it. But maybe this only means
that there are no problems with this patch? In the latter case the
patch should be incorporated now. This shouldn't be a big problem,
because it can be completely disabled by a configure option (it is
switched off by default). You'll hopefully find actual versions of
this patch at http://www.spinnaker.de/mutt/.

Ciao

        Roland

--
 * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www.spinnaker.de/ *
 PGP: 1024/DD08DD6D   2D E7 CC DE D5 8D 78 BE  3C A0 A4 F1 4B 09 CE AF