This is actually a really lame default.  We discussed this a long time
ago, and everyone, including Michael Elkins, agreed that the default
should be no.  Why has it changed back?  We should change it back to
"no" in 0.96.x, because it makes mutt more usable out of the box.

-Daniel

--
Daniel Eisenbud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]