Try:
set reply_regexp="^((re:|\\[mylist\\])[ \t]*)+"

This will of course lose you the advantage of the sort_re variable,
since in terms of pseudo-threading, mutt will think everything is a
reply.  This might make messages that have the same subject but are
actually not really in the same thread get grouped together when
otherwise they wouldn't be.  But so it goes.  People mostly lived quite
happily before I added $sort_re oh so long ago, and the main reason I
needed it was that in personal mailboxes, all the unrelated emails with
the subject "hi!" were getting grouped together.  :-)  In a mailing list
this hopefully won't happen as much.

-Daniel

--
Daniel Eisenbud