On 03/17/99 Howard Arons uttered the following other thing:
> There have been some nice tips here lately re filters for viewing the
> text in rtf and html docs. Anyone have a pointer for a PDF viewer?

Well, since ghostscript can handle PDF as well as postscript, you could
modify ps2ascii to handle PDF files as well.

Hmm, looking on my linux redhat system, I note there is a pdftotext
program which will also convert pdf to text.  I wonder if its part of
xpdf?

Brandon
--
 Brandon Long          "The difference between death and taxes is death
 Fiction L Networks       doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."