Hi, Heikki Kantola!

Sometime (on Wednesday, March 24 at 21:21) I've received something...
>According to Paul Anni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> I use Russian charset (koi8-r) in Mutt, but sometimes badly configured mailers
>> set "charset=us-ascii" even if letter is in Russian and use 8-bit characters.
>> So Mutt shows ???? instead of Russian letters.
>> Could I force Mutt to use my charset (koi8-r) even if it is defined in letter
>> as "us-ascii" (or whatever)?
>Without some source hacking it isn't possible to change that, I think.
>However, if you can use procmail and formail, it should be quite trivial
>to write a recipe which changes the charset info on headers. As I'm lazy
>I won't give a ready solution, sorry...

    Good solution has been done by Ruslan Ermilov from Crimea. That
solution is to select appropriate charset for each part of message
manually. Unfortunately, that patch is unappliable to Mutt 0.96 due to
changes of charset support.

>> BTW, Mutt on my home Linux machine works OK in this situation, but Mutt on
>> Solaris at work shows these ???????. I see no difference in .muttrc's here and
>> there.
>Could it be the Mutt on your Linux box is older version, I think Mutt
>has become stricter in following that charset value recently.

    I can see all messages with charset that set wrong, but I've using
Mutt 0.95 with patch, mentioned above. :)

    WBR, Andrej.