I'm trying to verify the files I downloaded from mutt site.
First of all I downloaded signing-key.asc and insert it to my pubkey ring.
And then I downloaded the file and its corresponding pgp signed message file.
Let's say diff-0.95.3-0.95.4.gz

Then I did :
$ pgp -p diff-0.95.3-0.95.4.gz.asc

Here is the output of that command:

Pretty Good Privacy(tm) 2.6.3a - Public-key encryption for the masses.
(c) 1990-96 Philip Zimmermann, Phil's Pretty Good Software. 1996-03-04
Uses the RSAREF(tm) Toolkit, which is copyright RSA Data Security, Inc.
Distributed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Export of this software may be restricted by the U.S. government.
Current time: 1999/04/20 01:35 GMT

File has signature.  Public key is required to check signature.

File 'diff-0.95..$00' has signature, but with no text.
Please enter filename of material that signature applies to:
diff-0.95.3-0.95.4
.
Signing key is too large.  Can't check signature integrity.

Signature and text are separate.  No output file produced.

It's complaining about signing-key being too large, why was I able
to put it in my pubkey ring in the first place?

Any help would be appreciated.

Apology for my ignorance.

TIA
Aris
--
"Are [Linux users] lemmings collectively jumping off of the cliff of
reliable, well-engineered commercial software?"