On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 01:06:20PM -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> It is safe to do:
>       mutt-alias-dedupe < your-alias-file > your-alias-file
>
> as the new file is not written until the old one is completely read.

Er, I take that back.  It is safe to do:
        cat your-alias-file | mutt-alias-dedupe > your-alias-file

If you do the command from my original post, the shell will clobber the
original file before the perl script gets to do its thing.

David

--
   David Shaw  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/