I have a problem with these lines in my ~/.muttrc:

  send-hook "^ *[fF]vwm"       "my_hdr From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
  send-hook "^ *FVWM"       "my_hdr From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]"

What I want to do is this: from my mail account at work
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) I want to send mail to the fvwm mailing
lists but with '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' as the sender. So far this
works well, but sometimes the customized header is added to
mails that don't have 'fvwm' in the recipients list. For example
a few days ago I sent a mail to

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

(please don't send her mail) but got the answer to the gmx account.
Checking the mail in my archive I see that it had the gmx from-header.

Farther down in my ~/.muttrc I even have this:

  my_hdr From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The output of 'mutt -v' on my system:

---- snip ----
Mutt 0.93i (1998-07-10)
Copyright (C) 1996-8 Michael R. Elkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: HP-UX B.10.20 [using ncurses 4.2]
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
-HIDDEN_HOST  -HOMESPOOL  +USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  +USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
-USE_IMAP  +USE_POP  +HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_RX  +HAVE_COLOR  -BUFFY_SIZE
-EXACT_ADDRESS
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/mail"
SHAREDIR="/usr/local/share"
-ISPELL
---- snip ----

I have another problem that is a bit annoying:

Whenever I start mutt and hit shift-g to fetch my mail (via pop)
I'm asked for a password:

  POP Password: @
               ^^^

Before I can enter my password I have to hit Backspace once.
It looks as if there is already some trash in the input buffer.
Sometimes I don't get the '@' but a couple of random characters
and I have to hit Backspace several times.

This problem occurs only on my HP-UX machine (712/60). No problem
on various Linux machines at all.

Any hints? Is there some workaround for the first problem?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

P.S.: Please cc me, I'm not on the list.

--
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany