On Mon, May 03, 1999 at 07:52:45AM -0500, Jim Graham wrote:

> problem....  Let's say there's an incoming message with that has spaces
> in the filename (yeah, I know...but some people seem to think it's a
> good thing).  In other words, something like this:
>
>    begin 600 99 Travel Expense Report Form.xls

This came up a while back - if you have a newer version of uudecode you can
use the -o parameter to create an alternate output name -- I didn't look to
see exactly how that emil script recodes the UU to MIME but you'd have to
change it to either just to
        | uudecode -o "uuname"
in which case you'd get a name with spaces -- which does work on most unixes
but is message or add code to replace ' ' with some char like '-' or '_'

--
Later ...

Rich Roth --- On-the-Net

Direct:  Box 927, Northampton, MA 01061, Voice: 413-586-9668

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                     Url: http://www.on-the-net.com
   ~~~   www.i-depth.com lets you Add Instant Depth to your Website    ~~~
        ~~~  Adding depths to Web presences and Internet providers  ~~~~~