Brian D: Winters wrote:
> On Sun, May 09, 1999 at 09:09:38PM +0200, Steve Crane wrote:
> > Althought most messages to the list have [EMAIL PROTECTED] in the To
> > header, there are a number that don't.  These messages appear to have
> > nothing in any header to identify that they belong to this list.  Of
> > course the subject matter gives it away.
>
> Try "Sender: owner-mutt-users".  Works for me.

If you want to look at one thing to sort lots of lists, the
SMTP MAIL FROM seems to work best.  Of other headers, some lists use
Sender:, others Resent-Sender:, others X-Mailing-List:, and still
others the new List-*: headers (RFC2369?) (of which "List-ID:" or
"List-Unsubscribe:" will eventually probably be best).

Generally, SMTP MAIL FROM is found either in a "From " header and/or
a "Return-Path:" header.  I pick off all the mutt lists' material this
way, using the procmail pattern:
:0
* ^From .*(mutt-.*(owner|request))

which may be more complicated than necessary (note, it picks up
all three mutt lists).

HTH,
Stan