Uhm, where do I start?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> I am trying to install version 95.5 of Mutt on an HP-UX server running version 10.20
>of the OS, but have not had any luck getting the installation to work. I was not sure
>who to contact for help, so I thought I would start with you. If you can help please
>read on, otherwise I would appreciate it if you could give me a name to call of
>someone who may be able to asist. I must admit that I am not a programmer, I am just
>a sysadmin that would like to use mutt.

 < 80 chars/line would have made this more readable.

> I have installed slang 1.2.2 into /opt/mutt. I first run the configure using the
>-with-slang option and the prefix option both set to /opt/mutt. I have attached the
>output from the configure script as well as the config.status and config.log. I will
>also save the output from the make install command which gets several errors and at
>the end seems to hang on a sed command.
>
> Thank you for any help you can give me in resolving this problem.

> Making install in doc
>         make html
>         sgml2html manual
> Make: Cannot load sgml2html.  Stop.
> *** Error exit code 1

 This requires sgmltools. You can get version 1.0.9 from
 http://www.sgmltools.org/download-1.0.html

> cc: "localealias.c", line 259: warning 604: Pointers are not assignment-compatible.

 Is this the standard, bundled compiler that comes with HP-UX 10.20
 (/usr/bin/cc -> /usr/ccs/bin/cc)? mutt requires an ANSI C compiler.
 What HP ships for a compiler these days can only be considered an
 insult. You're infinitely better off installing gcc or egcs.

 Also, HP's make exhibits some strange behaviour, ie. rebuilding files
 even when it should not. Except for using GNU make, I have no good advice
 for you here :-/