I've recently been trying to use the "default" color with mutt linked
against slang, and I don't seem to be able to get what I want as a background
color.  It does do exactly what the manual says with COLORFGBG -- does this
imply that it works as one would expect with ncurses?

Unless I'm missing something, this requirement for the COLORFGBG variable
causes me to lose the use of my xterm's background color while in mutt
because none of the names documented match the background resource.

At first I just thought that's the way it works, but I've noticed that lynx
with slang (and without any COLORFGBG variable) does exactly what I want,
so it looks to me like there's something mutt could be doing differently.
Perhaps an earlier version of slang has the requirement for COLORFGBG?

--
Paul Ackersviller